Taken from martes:
I've seen this a dozen times already and IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER! :D
This appeals to my machine side:
Old-School Electro (breakdance music) meets infommercial. "Hit it like this!"
It's Fleet Week in San Francisco, Imperial style! :D
And I have saved the best for last.
This was shown only at conventions. I taped it with my camcorder at San Diego ComiCon in 1995.
It was finally made available for all to see last year.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you "Babylon 5: Requiem"...
Something prickvixen made up. I thought it was interesting.
Think of a word beginning with the letter 'A'. Note the first word which comes into your head. Then immediately think of a word beginning with 'B', and so on, through the entire alphabet. Try not to look at or revisit your notes during this process. Nonsense words are absolutely allowed.
When you're finished, post the words and these rules in your LJ; put the entire list behind an lj-cut so that you don't hijack someone's thoughts accidentally. Repeat as necessary.
( Soupe a l'alphabet... )
"I say children, what does it all mean?"
Ganked from that araquan guy:
Your result for The Personality Defect Test...
You are 57% Rational, 71% Extroverted, 43% Brutal, and 29% Arrogant.
To put it less negatively:
1. You are more RATIONAL than intuitive.
2. You are more EXTROVERTED than introverted.
3. You are more GENTLE than brutal.
4. You are more HUMBLE than arrogant.
Your exact opposite is the Brute.
If you scored near fifty percent for a certain trait (42%-58%), you could very well go either way. For example, someone with 42% Extroversion is slightly leaning towards being an introvert, but is close enough to being an extrovert to be classified that way as well. Below is a list of the other personality types so that you can determine which other possible categories you may fill if you scored near fifty percent for certain traits.
The other personality types:
The Emo Kid: Intuitive, Introverted, Gentle, Humble.
The Starving Artist: Intuitive, Introverted, Gentle, Arrogant.
The Bitch-Slap: Intuitive, Introverted, Brutal, Humble.
The Brute: Intuitive, Introverted, Brutal, Arrogant.
The Hippie: Intuitive, Extroverted, Gentle, Humble.
The Televangelist: Intuitive, Extroverted, Gentle, Arrogant.
The Schoolyard Bully: Intuitive, Extroverted, Brutal, Humble.
The Class Clown: Intuitive, Extroverted, Brutal, Arrogant.
The Robot: Rational, Introverted, Gentle, Humble.
The Haughty Intellectual: Rational, Introverted, Gentle, Arrogant.
The Spiteful Loner: Rational, Introverted, Brutal, Humble.
The Sociopath: Rational, Introverted, Brutal, Arrogant.
The Hand-Raiser: Rational, Extroverted, Gentle, Humble.
The Braggart: Rational, Extroverted, Gentle, Arrogant.
The Capitalist Pig: Rational, Extroverted, Brutal, Humble.
Well now, I guess I was like this in school at first, but I mellowed out.
Animated Films Meme
(borrowed, revised and modified a bit from crocodile)
X what you saw
O what you haven't finished/saw sizable portions
Red font for what you disliked/hated
Orange font for what you liked
Green font for what you loved
- Underline if own
- Leave unchanged if neutral
( It's sizeable! )
Geeze, these memes are becoming more and more like work!
I ain't doing another one like this for a while!
Rebroadcast from an original feed from girlfmkitty:
- Bold all of the following TV shows which you've ever seen three or more episodes of in your lifetime.
- Bold and underline a show if you're positive you've seen every episode of it.
- If you want, add up to three additional shows (keep the list in alphabetical order), but you must delete one show for each one that you add.
( And you thought the last meme was long! )
I took out 3 crappy shows and replaced them with "Absolutely Fabulous", "Cybill", and "Wiseguy".
Gank-utsuo-ed (har!) from Chibi Ninja Attack Squad doronjosama!!!
Go through the list and check off the titles you have watched. For our purposes, "watching" a title means that for TV and OVA series, you have to have seen at least one episode. For one-shots, you have to have seen the whole thing. At the end of each genre/category, add up your sub-total. At the very end, add up the sub-totals to come up with your grand total. If your grand total is 80 or over, congratulations -- you are an obsessive anime watcher!
Well, golly, French TV played a lot of anime. And I joined the C/FO in 1985 or so, so I wound up seeing a lot.
But for the past 5 years, I've been carefully selecting what I watch.
Anyway, let's see how I did!
( It's about the size of the Zentraedi Home base, so it's behind a cut! )
Hurray! I am NOT an obsessive anime head! :D
This list is missing a whole bunch of stuff though. Here's the stuff I've seen that's missing: Black Lagoon,
Moonlight Mile, Paprika, Memories, Crusher Joe, Tekkon Kinkreet, Megazone 23 (Part 1 and 2), Maddox 01, Lensman,
Angel's Egg, Jin-Roh: Wolf Brigade, Spirited Away, Dominion Tank Police, and Princess Knight/Ribbon no Kishi,
which I had to look up on Wikipedia to pull the Japanese name from. When I watched it on French TV back
in the day, it was called "Prince Sapphire". I saw this bit on Wikipedia and laughed my head off:
The King of Silverland. He deceives his people into believing his daughter is really a son in order to
prevent Duralumon from inheriting the throne. Confusingly, he is killed early on, visits Sapphire as a
ghost (Hamlet-style), is brought back to life by God, is killed again, and so on.
The Queen of Silverland. Supports Sapphire and oversees the Kingdom during her husband's occasional bouts of being dead."
Occasional bouts of being dead! I love it!!
I don't quite remember that from the TV show, but then again, I was just a Kzintten.
Maybe it was edited by French censors.
Anyway, LOL Tezuka!
The Mormon Name Generator, courtesy of Rum And Monkey.
My Mormon name is Briley Arther!
Edit: Briley Arther is what I get if I put in "Zrath Smiley" (Zrath being the last name).
If I put in my real name, I get Alexavier Britton. That sounds almost normal! :D
Weekend report to follow, eventually.
1. Comment on this post.
2. I will give you a letter.
3. Think of 5 fictional characters and post their names and your comments on these characters in your LJ.
Selenesue gave me the letter O.
1. Otto Octavius, Doctor, aka Doctor Octopus or Doc Ock, mad scientist with 4 metal tentacles. Nemesis of Spider-Man.
2. One, Number, leader of the Mars resistance, from "Babylon 5". A tall drink of water. :)
3. O'Brien, Miles, transporter operator (ST:TNG), chief of operations (ST:DS9). Irish guy.
4. Ogdru Jahad, the 7 Dragons of Revelation, pitiless, chaotic, bent on destruction and subjugation. From "Hellboy".
5. Osborn, Norman, aka Green Goblin, the perfect Halloween themed supervillain. Nemesis of Spider-Man.
Much to my chagrin, Leeloominaï Lekatariba Lamina-Tchaï Ekbat De Sebat does not start with the letter "O". :)
Bold the establishments you've been to. Underline your favorites.
Italicize the ones you've never heard of (I added that step). Add more chain food joints (I added that step too).
01. Arby's (Too expensive, not that great.)
04. Black Angus
05. Buffalo Grill
07. California Pizza Kitchen
08. Carl's Jr.
10. Chipotle (Especially the Marina Del Rey location. Best guacamole EVAR!)
11. Chuck E. Cheese's
12. Claim Jumper
14. Del Taco
16. El Pollo Loco
17. Fatburger (Awesome big burgers and onion rings.)
18. Hard Rock Cafe
23. In-n-Out (That's what a '50s style small burger is all about!)
24. Jack in the Box (I hardly go at all. The burger meat is cardboard-y.)
29. Long John Silver's
32. Outback Steakhouse
33. Planet Hollywood
34. Quizno's (Another one I usually avoid. Pricey for what you get.)
37. Red Robin (Good food, endless fries, good service. Fun place!)
38. Red Rooster
39. Señor Frog's
40. Skyline Chili
41. Sonic (That place makes me feel so Southern redneck! :D )
43. Sweet Tomatoes
44. T.G.I.Friday's (Another fun place to go. Except the one in Woodland Hills. That one sucks.)
45. Taco Bell
47. The Old Spaghetti Factory
48. Tim Horton's
50. White Castle (They opened a White Castle in L.A. once. Twice, actually. It was burned down. It was rebuilt.
It was torched again. It never reopened, and no other White Castle was ever built in L.A., or California.)
I. Baja Fresh (Used to be good and cheaper than [but not as good as] Poquito Mas. Not anymore.)
II. California Chicken Café (Makes KooKooRoo look like the crap it is.)
III. Coldstone (Bite me, Baskin Robbins!)
IV. Penguins (Yes, there are some still open. Excellent soft serve frozen yogurt.)
V. Poquitos Mas (Some of the bext Baja Mexican food you will ever have. Insanely fresh!)
It's that book meme thing that has been making the rounds.
What the hell, why not?
* Grab the nearest book.
* Open the book to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.
And the closest book is: "How To Own A Gun & Stay Out Of Jail - California 2008 Edition"
"This includes going to or coming from gun shows or other events sponsored by an organization devoted to the collection, competitive use, or other sporting use of guns, for the purpose of lawfully transferring (selling, giving, or lending) the gun."
Fascinating, isn't it?
More fun stuff later...
Ganked from the lovely and talented cleolinda...
10 Things I've Done That You Probably Haven't!
1) Rode in the "commercial parade" in the Tour De France.
Back in 1978, my dad paid the fees to be part of the parade of advertizing vehicles that preceded the bike racers
in Le Tour. We used our custom-painted Austin Mini, advertizing our hip clothing store ("King's Shop).
My dad drove and I rode shotgun. The fees covered only one day, and my dad picked the stage of Le Tour that
traversed Northern France, since that's where our store was and where we lived. It was pretty exciting.
2) Worked security for the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games.
It was my first job, I was still in high school. The gig lasted 5 weeks and there was overtime. I was stationed
at the Sunset Church, in Hollywood, which had a large parking lot that was being leased by the Olympic Committee
to house converted scool buses to shuttle media around. A Coke truck and a Mars truck showed up every other day
to resupply us with freed goodies, as both companies were official Olympic sponsors. Yum!
3) Worked for M.I.B.
I worked as a freelance translator for Platinum Studios, which oversees all things M.I.B., among other things.
Now, could you please look at this? [FLASHY-THINGY!!!]
4) Watched Joel Hodgson perform and shook his hand afterwards.
Thanks to Irresponsible Captain Spino (dcotelessa) who found out Joel was going to perform at the
Magic Castle and invited me to see him. Joel did prop schtick and was fun to watch.
I shook his hands afterwards and we talked about "The TV Wheel". Thanks Spino!
5) Got some badly sunburned in Guadeloupe (the island) that I couldn't walk for two days.
I was vacationing with my parents in the small Caribbean island of Guadeloupe and stayed out in the sun the whole
day without sunscreen. I spent the next two days in the hotel room laying on the bed, unable to walk from sunburns.
Thankfully, I got better and enjoyed the rest of the holiday. I was maybe 9 years-old.
6) I was an extra in a movie called "Voodoo", which starred Corey Feldman.
I was in only one scene. I'm a bouncer outside a club with a large holstered Maglite on my belt, and I nod at
Corey and his posse as they walk into the club. I have never seen the movie, I don't even know if I'm in it.
I should probably Netflix it and check. I think I'll do that right now...
7) Walked around with up to $15,000 in cash on my person in my capacity as a used Levi's jeans buyer.
When my dad passed away in 1991, it fell to me to continue the business. Used Levi's jeans were in high demand
in France and those Levi's jeans absolutely had to have "made in USA" tags on them. We purchased the jeans from
various suppliers and none of them took checks or credit cards, so cash was required.
8) Been mistaken for Paul Schrier, aka Farkas "Bulk" Bulkmeier from "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers".
Yes, that's right, the fat guy. Because we all look alike. :P
9) Been mistaken for a sumo wrestler by a very nice old Japanese lady in Little Tokyo.
Considering how respected sumo wrestlers are in Japan, I felt honored. :)
10) Walked by Ice Cube while wearing an Eazy-E t-shirt.
Oh the fun stuff that happened at Amp'd Mobile. Ice Cube came in to do a session in the studio, and I wore my
Eazy-E t-shirt on purpose. Some co-workers were somewhat concerned because Cube and E were not the best of friends.
Cube saw the t-shirt, looked at me, and kept right on going. It's ancient history, I guess.
Ganked from Matt "Just" High (matthigh), it's Wordle!
Wordle makes a cool word collage based on your most recent 20 messages!
Words that have appeared the most are bigger.
To make your own, go to Wordle.net!
We live for the One, we die for the One!
What's so special about Thursday, hours, and got?
I understand Republic Gunship all too well though! :D